06 Sep New Media/ Digital Media Officer
The New Media/ Digital Media Officer will be fully responsible for developing and implementing PISTIS Foundations’ digital as well as Social media strategy. S/He shall work with volunteers/ team heads and report to the Programs Manager of PISTIS Foundation.
The position involves creating, engaging and delivering successful digital/ social media campaigns for PISTIS Foundation, as well as its supporting Organizations, by evangelizing and promoting strategic plans to drive sustainable impact and growth. The post-holder must be self-motivated with relevant experience; willing to be part of a long-term national vision, with a commitment for designing and implementing the Foundations’ content strategy through blogging and community participation, and the creation of timely and relevant content.
- Build & maintain PFs online community and presence
- Continually develop, refine and promote PFs annual digital/ social media goals.
- Manage & enhance the PFs social media platforms i.e. Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Curate relevant content to effectively reach the Foundations’ ideal partners and audience.
- Design, create, publish and manage all promotions and social ad campaigns (images, video and written)
- Research, develop & advise management on digital media strategies, including social media opportunities & trends.
- Work closely with team heads to strengthen PISTIS Foundations’ partnership-base and sustainability development initiatives via online platforms.
- Deliver differentiated online experience across PFs online community.
- Increase PF’s Social Media ROI through the following;
- Great Design: All visual content including status updates on LinkedIn or Facebook ads, etc., must be compelling enough to drive engagement and consistent with PISTIS Foundations’ culture of Humanity and Sustainability.
- Promotion Strategy: Utilize YouTube/ Instagram/ Facebook Ads in the promotion of Social Media campaigns for PISTIS Foundation prospective partners, with a clear call to-action, in order to increase donor support and funding.
- Engagement Strategy: Listen, respond, ask questions and engage PISTIS Foundations’ social media audience. The Officer must have knowledge and/or experience of all the Foundations’ programs & processes to engage and respond to questions correctly.
- Measure & analyze to establish ROI: Measure and analyze results on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Results must be in sync with PF’s digital media objectives.
Skills and Knowledge
Relevant Experience (Type and minimum years expected)
5 – 6 year working experience in a communications, PR/ digital media, consulting company
Attitude and Behavioural Traits
- Have a good working knowledge of WordPress, SEO and PR
- Good knowledge and understanding of social media platforms i.e FB, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr etc., and how they can be deployed to a Social Development advantage
- Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas, in written, graphic/ video format.
- Good knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Foundations’ partners & target audience.
- Sound technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Excellent team player, with relevant experience in report writing.
- Excellent graphics and design skill